As per the announcement in the budget the Government of India was going to establish of a single body, national recruitment agency, for preliminary examination for non gazetted Central government posts and public sector bank posts.
“NRA will prove to be a boon for crores of youngsters.”- PM Narendra Modi
Not only, a single agency but a single common entrance test also. Here we discuss some of the important aspects of NRA and CET and their significant perspective.
What are NRA and CET?
The national recruitment agency is a central body approved by Union Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently. Government has proposed a single preliminary examination for Central government, named as common entrance test, CET.
National recruitment agency will conduct this common entrance test, CET.
Currently, various organisations are conducting this preliminary examination like Staff Selection Commission SSC, Railway Recruitment Board RRB and Institute of Banking Personnel Selection IBPS.
In future, these organisations conduct higher level of examinations. NRA is going to recruit non gazetted employees that is Group B and C (non-technical).
Currently, group A like civil services is excluded from CET, which is conducted by UPSC.
Later on, more exams may come under the CET.
Government of India has approved 1517.57 crores for NRA.
How NRA will work?
Initially, NRA will conduct the preliminary test called CET as Tier I. It will shortlist the candidates for the first step of the selection process. Next steps usually require different skills for SSC, RRB or IBPS posts. Tier II, Tier III and interview etc. will be conducted by the previous respective bodies.
The CET will be conducted once in a year and for 3 levels:
- for matriculate (10th pass) candidates
- higher secondary (12th pass) candidates
- graduate candidates.
On the basis of the score of CET, further selection process will be conducted.
How the CET will be conducted?
The CET will be conducted in Online mode only with multiple choice question, MCQ. A special emphasis is on to set up examination centres in every district.117 Aspirational Districts will be selected for this scheme.
In which language CET will be conducted?
It will be conducted in Multiple languages. A per Mr. Jitender Singh, Minister of DoPT, said the exam will be conducted in 12 languages of Eighth schedule of Indian Consititution.
So that every candidate of country will be able to appear in the examination.
Score and attempts of CET:
Score of CET will be valid for 3 years from the date of declaration of result. One candidate can give exam every year and his/her best score will be considered valid. Uptill now there is no limit on attempts.
But the maximum attempt will be subject to maximum age limit as per the policy of government. Though these age limits will be relaxed further.
Why do we need NRA?
As per data given by C.Chanramauli, Secretary of Department of Personnel and Training- On an average 2.5 to 3 crores of aspirants appear for the 1.25 lakhs of vacancies in the central givetnment every year.
- As NRA is a single body so it will bring standardization in the examination.
- It will fast and the recruitment cycle and save time.
- It will remove work of various institutions SSC, RRB and IBPS.
- As a result, it saves money spent on overlapping exams.
- When there is standardization in prelimnary exam with single body, selection process will be easy for candidates to understand.
What is the need of CET?
CET will benefit both the government recruitment agencies and candidates. Presently, there are various recruitment agencies which increased the recruitment burden on government’s pocket. At the same time candidates have to pay more money on every examination separately.
- It will be easy for candidates to appear in a single preliminary examination.
- The travel expense will reduce for candidates as they have to travel miles for giving exam but now every district has the exam centre.
- It will encourage women candidates from the rural area because they need not travel far from their home.
- It will reduce the chances of clashing dates of two and more examinations.
- To follow examination calender of single recruitment body will be easier.
- One can have the chance of holding one’s best score for 3 years.
- Candidates need not pay fees for different examination.
What is the syllabus for CET?
The syllabus for NRA’s CET is yet to be released. It must be related to preliminary examination. The exected syllabus should be:
- General awareness
- General intelligence
- Quantitative aptitude
- English etc.
For further updates please subscribe our website… Thank you.